Sunday, June 1, 2008

Baby Sister

Yesterday morning we all went to the Jordan River Trail where Nick tried out his new toy - a GPS watch for runners. He ran 7 miles while Ellie and I did about half of that walking (okay, Ellie was in the stroller). It was a good, active, start to the day. That afternoon we had a family gathering at my parent's house with my Uncle David's family. It was so nice to visit with all of them and meet new baby family members. We don't see them near as often as we should. It's amazing how families grow and change. We had a delicious lunch and reminisced about the good times we had as kids.
We have been preparing Ellie for a new sister in the house. We talk often about her baby sister, and Ellie does too (in fact, she's talking about her right now as I type this). We tell her that Maren will be coming soon. Well now, whenever the doorbell rings, Ellie gets all excited and says, "Maren!" and runs to the door. She thinks that her baby sister will arrive at the door! I wish that it worked that way!
Here's Ellie all snuggled in bed with her baby, "soft blanket", and Hokey Pokey Elmo (she doesn't usually sleep with Elmo, but decided it was a good idea this particular night)

And here is one of my projects completed this week - a window valance for the nursery. I think it turned out really cute!

No comments: