Tuesday, June 24, 2008

5 Weeks and Counting

Well, for all of those out there concerned with my sleeping habits, things have all worked out okay. I have been sleeping much better, with the addition of two more pillows to our queen-sized bed (poor Nick). I think that this pregnancy has finally caught up with me. For the last 8 months or so I have felt really great and have had plenty of energy to accomplish what I set out to do, but now, that has all changed. I don't know if it's the warm weather or what, but my energy reserves have just about been drained dry. I have to be careful about what I do because it could knock me unable for several hours. For example, I weeded the onions for about an hour on Saturday morning and then I had to come sit on the couch for a good while before I had the energy to do anything else. I've given up walking (I had been walking at least 2 times a week) for now because I would come home and just be wasted for several hours. It is frustrating and annoying, but I suppose this is my body's way of saying, "Hey, I'm under a lot of stress right now, could you give me a break?" I guess I need to listen...
I had a doctor's appointment this morning and once again, all is well, thank goodness. We are counting down, and hoping that Maren decides to come early.

And here is a photo of Ellie and dad finger-painting. She loves it, of course, and is actually really good at not making a huge mess, although, like most young kids, she thinks her shirt is also a napkin.

No comments: