This morning I went with the Young Women to a "Good Things Utah" live broadcast. It was a lot of fun! They had an awesome band from The Music School, the hosts are fun, and it was just interesting to see how television works. The only bummer part was that a chef from Grand America was there with really yummy looking chocolate cookies and we didn't get any. They did give us the recipe, though, and I'll have to try them out someday.
Yesterday I got together with good friends for lunch. I have a great group of girls that I roomed with all through BYU (and beyond). Paula was visiting from Iowa so all who could participate (plus a few extra friends) met at Ray's house for lunch. We had such a wonderful time chatting about present cheers and woes, as well as some of our favorite stories from our past together while our children ran amuck and made a mess of Ray's house. It was good times. It is so nice to have friends who have seen me through thick and thin and would still be there for me at a moments notice. I love you, girls! Here's a photo of 4 of the 6 'original' roommates: Ray, me, Paula, and Heb (who is due to give birth to a baby boy a week before me).

Over the weekend, we had my sister Alicia stay with us. It was nice, especially for Ellie, who adores her aunt and followed her all over the house. We didn't see a lot of her as she already had plans for the weekend, but we enjoyed what little time we had with her. We took her with us on our walk (Nick ran) Saturday morning and the 4 miles flew by with someone to talk to, it was great! We worked outside all day on Saturday. We hula hoed the entire garden and we even got a few more posts put in the ground for our fence. We'll get it done someday...
No comments:
Post a Comment