Friday, June 13, 2008

My Ellie

I decided the other day that I don't write enough about Ellie and all the amazing things she does, so this entry is all about her. She really is growing up in double time - she's gone from a baby to a little girl all in the time of a few months, I swear. She has really been into independent play lately, which is really nice for mom. She can play for hours on her own, talking and singing to her toys. She loves to play with her plastic dishes, making all kind of things (and she always informs me of what she's cookin') from chocolate milk to hot cereal or noodles. In the last few days she's also taken an interest in her baby doll. Yesterday she carried her around all day. She even brought her to dinner and fed her potatoes. She wasn't satisfied until the baby had a plate, fork, and cup of her own. She'll be playing in her room and she'll come out every once in awhile and update me on what's going on - "I'm making the baby chocolate milk, Mommy." "The baby wants to listen to music, Mommy." "The baby doesn't feel very good, Mommy." She adds "Mommy" to the end of most things, it's really cute. She has also been talking in full sentences for the last little while - before she would say key words, leaving out the 'unimportant' stuff. She is becoming a very independent child, wanting to do things on her own, like putting on her shoes or making her bed. She is a big help to mom, too. She often informs me that she is cleaning up her mess, and she is an excellent stirrer when I'm making dinner.
The other day, Nick caught her playing in her room with her two Elmos. She was singing "Ring Around the Rosies" and spinning and dropping while holding their hands. He was able to video it, and if I was at all inclined to figure out how to put it on here, I would because it's really cute. It is funny to watch her talk to her toys too - "You want to sit on the chair, Elmo? Otay"
I think my little girl is pretty amazing. I love having a two year old, despite her moments. She is a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Brown Family said...

She is a cute girl! We're glad to have you guys so close. :)