7 years ago
Friday, June 20, 2008
Sleep? What Sleep?
So the last two nights I have not had more than 4 hours of sleep.... oh how I miss a good night's rest. I don't know what's going on - my mind doesn't seem to be working overtime, but I just lay there for hours. I've heard that this is my body's way of preparing for a lack of sleep when the baby gets here, but I just don't believe it. If anything, my body should be stocking up on sleep now! Last night, to top off my restlessness, I had a huge migraine which made me feel all around sick. Not fun. I was suppose to get up early this morning and go to my nephew's sealing in Manti, but I just couldn't do it. I knew that I would feel sick and miserable - the only place for a person with a nasty headache is a dark room with no noise, and a bath sometimes helps (I got mine at 4:30 am). My wonderful husband has taken the day off of work so that I could get some rest. Ellie sat by him and said, "I'm hangin' out with dad!" Yep, you are! And thank heavens because little sleep makes me into a monster of a mother. I lose patience quickly, and then feel guilty quickly and am just so darn emotional and irritable. I am feeling a little better now, after a two hour morning nap, but I'm still not ready to face the bright sunshine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
it must be something in the air Wendy because I cant sleep either and I am not pregnant! The last 4 nights have been terrible! Hope more sleeps comes your way soon! I love you!
How are you feeling? I hope you're doing better . . . we've been praying for you. Lots of love heading your way (we missed you at the wedding, but check out my blog for cute pics).
Post a Comment