Monday, October 4, 2010

This is My Life

We've been enjoying these last few days of summer - at least it has felt like summer. I took the kids to the gardens. We enjoyed feeding the fish, playing in the fountain, and smelling the roses:
That afternoon, Maren got into some dirt. This girl needs a sandbox real bad.
And this boy. Remember the other day when I said he was a content boy? Well, I take it back. Lately, he has not been a content boy, especially in the late afternoons. When he gets mad, he'll hold his arms out rigid (and sometimes his legs too) with little clenched fists, like this:
I should've said that he's a content boy as long as mom carries him around all day long. I'll give the boy a break though, he really is happy and playing most of the day. By the way, does that shirt qualify as a Halloween costume? I'm seriously considering...

On Saturday we went to Silver Lake. We drove during the sessions of conference, and during the break, we went for a walk around the lake and took some photos.

My blonde one was just so excited.
Okay, so maybe she was throwing a little fit here. She snapped out of it quickly enough.

We took a family photo with the help of our tripod and a self timer. Not too bad!
Mister E had to have something to hold, otherwise he was eating dirt off the ground. We found a nice rock for him. He was loving it.
Mean mom took it away in hopes of getting just one photo without something in his hand. He did not appreciate it. See those clenched fists again?
We really had a lovely weekend. We love conference, and enjoyed time spent with both my and Nick's families. I'm sad I have to wait for 6 months for it to come around again.

And tonight, for FHE, we had a hot dog roast in the backyard. We very much enjoyed ourselves, even though it rained.

1 comment:

Alicia Smith said...

Very cute pictures! I really like the one of Everett that is a close up of his face angeled up. Very cute. That hot dog roast looks like it was a lot of fun. Wish I could have joined it.