Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Traditions

Wow. Does anyone else out there have problems with blogger uploading photos? I'm pretty sure it hates me. I think I won, this time. On to the fun stuff.

We did our pumpkin carving for FHE on Monday night. We've pretty much decided that the dremel tool is a great thing. It looks great, and no guts and knives. Nick did Goofy. And I did some leaves.Ellie and I carved Snow White.Then we made our traditional orange popcorn balls.
And then, it snowed. Yup. Here's Maren heading out to enjoy the first snow of the season.
The kids got all dressed up for the ward Halloween party.
Here's my little tiger:
You can't have him! He's mine! All mine!
My blonde fairy:
Poor thing. Don't let the blooming petunias fool ya. It was cold.My brown-headed fairy:
At the party, we ate chili, the girls got crowns painted on their foreheads and made suckers into ghosts, but the best part of all (for the girls, anyway) was running around on the stage with their good friends. In fact, Maren did a serious lay-on-the-floor-I'm-not-moving fit when we finally had to drag her away.
I'm lovin' the way Ellie and Maren are looking at Abbey. They adore her, even when she looks like a witch.
We are certainly looking forward to this weekend! More fun traditions to come!

3 comments:

Alicia Smith said...

What fun! I've never heard of the drummel tool, is it made specifically for carving pumpkins? Or is it one of Nick's tools you repurposed? Plus I'm super jealous of the snow!

Wendy said...

Alicia, the dremel tool is just one of Nick's tools from the garage. It has lots of nifty attatchments, and he found one that drilled the skin off the pumpkin quite nicely. It was more fun than carving too! Wish you were here to play in the snow with us! ;)

Princess Carrie said...

We love the drummel tool for carving pumpkins. The kids look so cute!