Monday, October 11, 2010

A Birthday

We celebrated a birthday over the weekend. The day started at 6am when we set up for our yard sale. I don't know what constitutes a successful yard sale (this is our first), but it was all good in my book - we got rid of a lot of big, useless (to us anyway) items, and we made a few bucks too. I know, what a great way to start a birthday!

Ellie was our party coordinator. She's all about birthdays these days. She's got hers all planned out and tells me at least once a day what's gonna happen and who's invited. She wants to make invitations just about every day too. So, she was in her element decorating for her daddy's big day. Notice the large amounts of tape? Don't worry. Nick's special day only got better. We went to Rib City for dinner along with Nick's family. We had smoked chicken and ribs. Yum. Then we came back to the house for pie and ice cream. My French Silk was a big hit. I'll post the recipe someday.

Nick was excited for his 'car pretzels' (from Cabela's).

And this guy is 8 months old today. What a cute boy.
I just realized that those two photos actually did not get rotated (even though I did it, like, 10 times). Sorry. I'm too lazy to go back and fix the whole thing. You'll just have to turn your head. ;) Oh, and that delicious watermelon he's eating? Yep, from our garden.

1 comment:

Alicia Smith said...

Happy Birthday Nick! And I'm excited for your recipe post Wendy. I signed up for a pie contest our ward is having at my Ward's Fall Fest.