Ellie - Ellie and I do 'school' every day (usually), which means we do a worksheet or two, and fun projects. She is one smart cookie. She's writing her letters and numbers and sounding out words. She loves playing with her friends, playing games on the computer, and making crafts. She is a good big sister (usually) and loves to play with Maren and make Everett laugh. She is a great helper and is a go-getter for mom and dad.


Maren - She is our little comedian. She is always doing things to make us laugh, such as this:
Every night she puts on her pajama shirt so her face is sticking out and declares, "I'm a flower!" She came up with this all on her own. Or, how about this:
What a silly girl. She is talking in complete sentences (and has been for awhile now), and her speech is clearer every day. She loves her babies and is always carrying or strolling them around and especially putting them to bed. She tries to take care of Everett (yesterday I found she had put Snow White to bed with him, after she had put his plug in his mouth). She repeats everything her big sister says and does, which is cute, most of the time.
Warren Everett - The last two nights, he slept all the way through, like from 8 to 7 (or later). You go, son! He is not crawling yet, but that doesn't stop him from getting what he wants. He's rolling and scooting in circles. He grunts and growls and is starting to 'talk' to us. He loves to eat real food, as evidenced in the photo below, taken at Grandpa's house:
Oreos count as real food, right? He is a content boy, thank goodness.
These little munchkins sure keep me busy, but man, I love my job.

2 comments:
Okay, how did you get Everett sleeping so much? I want your secret! William is now sleeping in his crib, but still wakes up a couple of times each night. Plus he is only sleeping between 9-10pm and 7-8.
Alicia, here is the secret: I let Everett CRY. I know, mean mom. He is sleepy at 8, so that is when I put him to bed. He's been waking up at 5ish, but I know that he doesn't need to eat (past 6 months, it is only a bad habit), so I rewrap him, give him his plug (which he usually spits right back out) and then I let him cry. He goes to sleep eventually, and after several days, gets the idea that mom is not going to feed me in the night. It's not easy to ignore a crying baby...but it's worth it when they are sleeping peacefully all night long.
Post a Comment