Day One: We had no idea what time the parks opened, so we were wandering Downtown Disney to waste some time. Well, it wasn't really a waste, as we found a new favorite treat: beignets. Yum.
Autopia:

Day Two: We spent the day in California Adventure. Our first stop was Mickey's Wheel. We chose the swinging gondolas. Bad choice. It totally freaked the girls out. Like, big time. I've never seen such fear in their eyes. It didn't help when Nick says, "I'm kind of scared, too."
This photo is fuzzy, but I had to include Mr. E's sweet smiling face.
This is Ellie and Nick on the Grizzly River Run. We were very impressed with Ellie. She was very brave and rode on just about everything she was tall enough for. The fast, jerky roller coasters scared her, so by the end of the week she passed on those, but I was proud of her for trying. She loved Splash Mountain and rode it three times.
Autopia:

Day Two: We spent the day in California Adventure. Our first stop was Mickey's Wheel. We chose the swinging gondolas. Bad choice. It totally freaked the girls out. Like, big time. I've never seen such fear in their eyes. It didn't help when Nick says, "I'm kind of scared, too."
This photo is fuzzy, but I had to include Mr. E's sweet smiling face.
This is Ellie and Nick on the Grizzly River Run. We were very impressed with Ellie. She was very brave and rode on just about everything she was tall enough for. The fast, jerky roller coasters scared her, so by the end of the week she passed on those, but I was proud of her for trying. She loved Splash Mountain and rode it three times.Day Three: We spent the morning back in California Adventure.
And the afternoon at the beach.
We went back to Disneyland that evening and had a much-raved over Dole Whip, which, by the way, we didn't find all it was talked up to be, unfortunately.
And the afternoon at the beach.
We went back to Disneyland that evening and had a much-raved over Dole Whip, which, by the way, we didn't find all it was talked up to be, unfortunately. Day Four: Accompanied by my brother and his family (actually, he took most of these photos...we only brought our little snap-shot into the parks) we headed back to California Adventure.
Later in the afternoon, we headed back over to Disneyland. Here, Everett is enjoying a Mickey sucker.
That night, we had to stop and get more beignets before heading back for a promised dip in the pool. Double yum.
Day Five: The opening day of Disney's Halloween season, which meant we got to ride on Space Mountain and the Haunted Mansion (both of which were closed beforehand in preparation).
A classic: It's a Small World (the girls loved it).

Cyn and Madison took Ellie and Everett while the rest of us waited for about an hour for the Haunted Mansion. By the way, that was the longest wait our entire trip. Most of the rides we walked on all week long, almost no waiting at all. Anyway, they visited with Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore (Ellie apparantly wanted nothing to do with Eeyore).
Later in the afternoon, we headed back over to Disneyland. Here, Everett is enjoying a Mickey sucker.
That night, we had to stop and get more beignets before heading back for a promised dip in the pool. Double yum.
Day Five: The opening day of Disney's Halloween season, which meant we got to ride on Space Mountain and the Haunted Mansion (both of which were closed beforehand in preparation).
A classic: It's a Small World (the girls loved it).

Cyn and Madison took Ellie and Everett while the rest of us waited for about an hour for the Haunted Mansion. By the way, that was the longest wait our entire trip. Most of the rides we walked on all week long, almost no waiting at all. Anyway, they visited with Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore (Ellie apparantly wanted nothing to do with Eeyore).






2 comments:
I just got back last night...enjoyed pretty much everything you guys did. JD loved It's A Small World. About the Dole Whips...I have had them in the past and they were yummmmmmmmmy, we had one this time and it was not as good. I think they changed something. Not sure, but it was a bummer. Glad you guys had a blast and sad they we missed each other by a week.
I am so jealous! I get an itching for Disneyland at least once a year and I have been feeling it lately. I think seeing your picture will hold me over for awhile. Peter said we should aim for Disney World since it is just as close now. Your family is so adorable!
Post a Comment