Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Vacation, Part I - The Beach

Last week, we went on vacation. Oh man, how I love being away from home, just with my little family. It was so nice. The main event was Disneyland (photos to come), but you can't bring a Utahn to California without hitting the beach. In fact, after settling into our hotel we tried to get the sunset (at Sunset Beach, no less), which we missed by just a few minutes. Behold, the beach...
I loved Everett's silhouette in this one.
In the middle of the week, we took a few hours away from Disney to enjoy some more sand and water, this time at Huntington Beach:
Everett has always been fascinated by different textures, so he was in heaven letting the sand run through his tiny little fingers.
I love my mountains, I do, but there is nothing like sitting on the beach and listening to the waves crashing and watching your kids dig and dig and dig. Love it.

1 comment:

Birgitta said...

those pictures are amazing! My favorite is of Maren looking at the ocean. She's holding her sweet dress up a bit. Love it!

how fun for your little family....I promised Zach we will take him when he turns 10. One more year and a half!