Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Little Blessings

First of all, I know most of you have already seen this on facebook, but this seriously made me laugh so hard:
 I put together little books to keep the girls busy during General Conference, and Ellie thought President Henry B. Eyring needed some googly eyes.  I had laugh tears running down my face, and I couldn't keep a straight face while he was giving his address.  I don't think I'll be able to look at his face again without imagining him with big 'ol wiggly eyes.  Thanks for the good laugh, Ellie.  I needed that. 

I take my life for granted.  I get very caught up in 'things', or what we don't have, or just trying to get all the things on my to-do list done.  I'm sad to admit that I often get grumpy trying to take all that in.  I often overlook just how wonderful my life is, and how easy I have it, and how every day is a gift.
 And the little blessings I'm priviledged to be the mother of. 
 I'm trying to see the world with new eyes.  Trying to live in the moment and make sure I'm focused on the most important things.  Trying just to be happy.  There isn't much going on in my life to be grumpy about, really.
 There is so much that is beautiful in this world.  Just this morning I was driving home from taking Maren to preschool and looked up at the mountains.  I drive past them every day.  I look out my kitchen window, and there they are.  But this morning, I really saw them.  How blessed am I to be surrounded by them in their majesty?
 I hope to keep it with me, these thoughts that make me focus on the blessings I am surrounded by.  I need these reminders often, unfortunately. 
By the way, this week is one of celebration - two birthdays!  Lainey's birthday is tomorrow (um, excuse me?!), so come back for a birthday post.

No comments: