Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Date

Nick and I are celebrating our 8th Anniversary this week.  Eight wonderful years.  We started the celebration on Saturday, with a date to Lagoon.
 Thanks to my sister, who watched our kids all day, and who sent us with these ponchos for the Rattlesnake Rapids. By the way, my kids had a blast on my sister's farm.  My boy got to ride on the tractor for TWO hours.  He talks about it all day, every day. 
 Nick and I had a blast.  No strollers.  No tired, whiny kids.  We skipped on over the kiddie rides.  We held hands the entire time.  We took our time where we wanted to take our time, and ran like kids to get to the best seats.  We may have snuck a few smooches, even when people were looking.  It was awesome.
Also, I came to the stark realization that I'm not as young as I used to be.  Sad, sad.  My poor head couldn't handle all the bumps, jerks, and turns.  I had to take breaks by the afternoon, and come the end of the day, I gave myself a full-on migraine.  It was awful, but thankfully only lasted for a short time while my brain settled right back where it belongs. 

The celebration isn't over yet.  Cheesecake is coming soon.

2 comments:

Alicia Smith said...

Sounds like a fun date!

Adam and Rachel Family said...

Happy Anniversary. You guys are amazing together. Glad we are friends. :)