Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Last Chance at a Last Hurrah

We had ourselves a wonderful Labor Day weekend.  First up, some home organization.  Nick and I both got new desks, and I finally set up my sewing room (I've only lived here for a year now).  I took a photo because I know it won't look like this for at least another year:
 I love my little room.  I'm thinking it needs something on the walls.

Ellie has been taping paper earrings on her ears for a week now (even wore some to church), and for months has been asking when she could get her ears pierced.  After some discussion, Nick and I couldn't come up with a good reason not to just do it.  So we did.  While we waited (apparently Labor Day is a popular day to get your ears pierced) we tried on the merchandise:

 I think I just found my Halloween costume ;)  And you love Lainey trying desperately to pull that thing off my face?
Of course the kid right before Ellie was screaming and crying and her mom was trying to hold her still (what?  I don't get it...).  But, it didn't phase my girl.  She climbed right up into that chair.  She was so excited.  I could tell she was a little nervous too, but she certainly wasn't going to admit to it. 

 Ta-da!  Here's the brand new Hello Kitty earrings!  No tape!
 After that, we took a picnic lunch up the Canyon:

 What a hoot.  We went to my mom's for dinner on Sunday, and she was certainly the center of attention, and she loved it.  She kept pulling that wrinkled grin, giggling and smiling like the star she is.  Of course the crowd went wild.  She makes this face a lot lately and it cracks me up every time.
Poor kid had gone several days without a decent nap.

And now we're back to real life!  Today is an exciting day - Maren went to pre-school this morning, and the girls go to dance this afternoon.  You can expect another post soon.

1 comment:

Alicia Smith said...

What a perfect little sewing room! It even has a view - you are one lucky girl :)And Ellie looks so brave, I'm pretty sure my face was green when I got my ears pierced... and I was 12! Can't wait to see what your next post is about.