*Our oven blows up. Seriously, I'm scared of it, and when I risk turning it on, I shoo all the children to the other end of the house. We bought it when we moved in a year ago, and it has given us problems from day one. Thankfully, it is only a threat to our very lives when it is on convection mode, so we've just been avoiding that setting (plus we have a double oven, so I do most of my baking in the other one). Anyway, we started the process of having Frigidaire fix it under warranty, and it has been a big pain (which is why we waited this long to take care of it)! They've replaced just about everything and it still isn't fixed. Grrr... I've had two different repairmen in my house four different times in the last few weeks, and it's not over yet.
*This little girl...
...is so much fun. She is constantly moving and climbing and has learned to stand up all on her own. She's also taken lots of tumbles because of it. She sticks everything in her mouth. I just can't keep up with her, and forget about taking her outside. She eats the leaves, random berries off the bushes, sidewalk chalk, rocks, dirt, grass, whatever. Oh, and she's discovered what fun toilets can be.
*What in the world do I do all day? I think we've finally settled into a 'back to school' routine, thank heavens, but the time just seems to escape me and I have a long list of things that need doing. My kids are (usually) fed, (usually) clean, and (usually) happy, that's the important thing, right?
*I have loved the cooler weather this week, unfortunatetly, it's forecasted to get back up in to the mid 80s this week. Fall is a big tease. So, we made our own:
Festive, huh?
*I bottled 9 pints of salsa this week. Remind me never to do that without a food processor ever again. (That's a never and an ever in the same sentence, can you do that?)
*The kids helped me make cupcakes this morning:
Or rather, they helped me lick the utensils clean. It's an important job.
Someone has got to eat them too, no?
*Mmmm...cupcakes. So, I have two more weeks to meet my weight goal and I can tell you right now, it's not going to happen. I knew when I made it it was a long shot, so I don't feel too bad about it. I will, however, push myself to make it halfway. 5 pounds, I can do it. I'm sure the cupcakes will help.
*Very much looking forward to the weekend and a girls night tonight with very good friends. This momma, as much as she loves her kids, needs a break.
Post edit: The cupcakes were a big hit at our gathering, and the recipe was requested. Here it is:
Sweet Tooth Fairy's Black and White Chocolate Cupcakes:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup, 2 Tbsp dark chocolate cocoa (I used regular cocoa powder)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
3 eggs
3/4 cup ready-to-eat chocolate pudding
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 cupcake pan cups with liners.
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds until well combined.
Add wet ingredients and mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Stop and scrape sides of the bowl and resume mixing on medium speed for an additionaly minute. Stop mixer and fold in chocolate chips.
Fill the prepared liners with batter 3/4 full. Bake about 15-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
White Chocolate Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup white chocolate chips or 6 oz white chocolate, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/3 cup powdered sugar
Beat creem cheese and butter in a large bowl on medium speed for 1 minute. Add melted chocolate and vanilla; mix for an additional minute. Add powdered sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy after each addition. Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Garnish with fresh raspberries, mini chocolate chips, or chocolate sprinkles.








1 comment:
Wendy. . .you are FAST! Thanks so much for posting the recipe, and for bringing the cupcakes in the first place. (Yes, they were a big hit.) SUCH a fun evening tonight!
Post a Comment