Wednesday, September 5, 2012

More Firsts

Yesterday was a busy day.  Maren had her first day of Pre-school.  Holy Moly, she's excited to be going to school just like her big sister.  She had a good day because she got a piece of candy.  And now in the mornings (3 days a week), I only have two kids at home, and one of those is usually sleeping.  It's like a whole new world!

 Also yesterday, the girls started their dance classes.  They've been waiting for this for a long time.

 First, the cute four year olds:

 Ellie watching her little sis - see her there through the window?
 The babies waiting so patiently for their sisters.  (I may have just redefined 'patiently') 
 Now the five and six year olds:
They both loved it.  I've had to restructure our family schedule to fit this in, but I think it's good for them.  Hopefully it will build confidance and give them a place to shine.

As a follow up to the last post, while doing Ellie's hair this morning I accidentally flicked her earring right out of her ear.  That didn't hurt, but it sure did going back in.  I think both of us were in tears before I finally just had to push with all my might to get it through the back of her ear.  Let's hope that never happens again.  Earring trauma.

No comments: