I just walked Ellie to her first day of First Grade.
She's excited. She gets to play on the big playground and have lunch at school.
She's feeling pretty because her gold ribbon matches the gold sparkles on her shirt.
I want what all mothers want. I want her to make good friends. I want her to learn. I want her to realize that she can do hard things. I want her to be successful and feel the joy of success. I want her to be safe. I want her to be happy.
I'm also feeling a bit upset that "they" get my baby for half the day. That's a normal mommy feeling too, no?
I'm also feeling a bit upset that "they" get my baby for half the day. That's a normal mommy feeling too, no?
I can't wait to hear all about it.






2 comments:
Cute short haircut Ellie! Have fun at school!
Okay, I better go sign in as myself. These two comments are from your Aunt Alicia, not your uncle... hee hee.
Post a Comment