We are trying to settle into a new normal around here. We miss Ellie while she's at school (especially Maren) but Ellie has been nothing but excited, and I know that's where she belongs. We are looking forward to pre-school starting for Maren in a week. Anyway...
I had to laugh when I came into the backyard to find this the other day:
You would laugh too, no? My Indian Brave. Seriously, we wear clothes around here.
Oh, and this too:
She was attempting to eat the wet chalk off the cement, if you couldn't tell. I swear, I spend half my time trying to get stains out of clothing.
On to another topic, we had the awesomest ward party ever over the weekend.
I was so proud of my girls, who were brave enough to try the zip-line. Here they are getting suited up:
Maren's go:
Just look at that face!!! She was so pleased with herself and was trying her hardest to keep that proud smile under control.
Okay, now Ellie's turn:
She was really nervous at first, but by the time she got to the end, she had decided it was so much fun that she went a second time. My big girls.
Here's a cute boy:
Lainey spent a good portion of the evening scavenging under the tables when she wasn't being smothered with lovin' from the teenage girls.
They also had kids games, face painting, and a bouncy jousting ring:
By the end of the evening, the kids were in severe need of a bath:
I'll be lucky if the dirt stains come out of Maren's white skirt (See? Laundry, my nemesis). What was I thinking?
Nick would also want you all to know that he won "Best Overall Dessert" with his famous cream puffs. It was a good night.
















No comments:
Post a Comment