We celebrated a birthday around here. Mine, actually. We had a luau-inspired dinner and invited lots of family over. It was a step outside of my comfort zone as I don't really like being the center of attention, but I really had a great time.
So did Everett and Zachary:
Trouble, I tell you.
Maren is my pea-picker:
Cousins sizing each other up:
No, cousin Savannah's diaper didn't explode, that was from the wet boys coming up on the deck. :)
We wanted a photo of twinner cousins Ellie and Maybe, but Maybe didn't want a photo. Aunt Wendy is pretty sneaky sometimes.
I really had a nice day. I got lots of fun presents, but I have to say my favorite was this:
My mom is going to kill me.
Those are my parents. To me, this photo embodies everything they have taught me by example: work, faith, humility, prayer, love, gratitude, self-reliance, simplicity. I love it. Want a closer look?
Those are my parents. To me, this photo embodies everything they have taught me by example: work, faith, humility, prayer, love, gratitude, self-reliance, simplicity. I love it. Want a closer look?
Yes, my mom made the bread.










4 comments:
Happy B'day! Wish I could have been there to help you celebrate!
That is a beautiful picture. You have amazing parents-there amazingness is manifested in you! As I was looking at this Arabella claimed the picture of Maren was a picture of her. They do have a similar look. I am glad you were the center of attention!
Happy Birthday Wendy! Love the picture of your parents too.
Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed it. You are an inspiring woman to say the least. :)
Post a Comment