Friday, October 16, 2009

Simple Pleasures

We really haven't been doing too much around here. The girls are recovering from colds, and we've spent a lot of time inside. I'm afraid that is how most of this cold season is going to be spent. I'm scared of H1N1, especially with a new baby on the way, so I feel one of the best ways to protect my family is to become a hermit. Sounds like fun, eh? Okay, I'm not really that bad, but I have become a huge germaphobe lately. And I admit that I look forward to the day my family can be vaccinated. If nothing else, it will give this worryin' momma some relief.

Enough of germ-talk, and on to the simple pleasures of life with two little people... yesterday the girls enjoyed some m&ms. Yes, this is snot AND drool. Gross, I know. Welcome to our world at the Johnson household.
Last night we had the pleasure of hosting cousins Seth and Maybe. The kids all had a great time together. One of the highlights of the evening was pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, of which there was great anticipation (thanks for the yummy recipe, Heb!). It seems Maren especially enjoyed hers.
It was much easier to dump her in the tub than try to clean off all the bits of chocolate from hair, hands, ears, etc. Maybe joined her (although she daintly ate her cookie and didn't have chocolate eyebrows) and they had a rockin' good time.
I love my life.

4 comments:

Heather Wihongi said...

I'm glad you liked the recipe, Wend! And, yes, Dray looks exactly like Maren when he finishes his cookies. . .charming.

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

I love the picture of the two girls sitting at the table eating M&M's, priceless!! I love all of your pictures because I actually get to see the girls personalities instead of the shy little things when I see them in person!

Tech Geek said...

Wend, I love that you put in that picture of Maren with all the snot and drool. Hilarious! Thanks for sharing fun snippets of your life with the rest of us. :-)

Princess Carrie said...

Looks like the girls had a fun time eating M&Ms. I wish I had some!!!