Five years ago today, I married myself a wonderful man. We adjusted easily to married life, and it seems to just keep getting better. I love waking up to him kissing me as he leaves for the gym. I love watching him interract with our girls and they adore him. I love how he really has a desire to do what the Lord would have him do and that he is worthy to bless our home with the priesthood. I love that we can talk to each other - about anything. I love our late night conversations after the girls are in bed and we have yet to turn out our light. I love it when he comes home and he gives me a kiss before doing anything else, and completely understands when the house is a disaster area. I love that we enjoy spending our spare time together, even if we are just working in the garden. I love it that he loves me, even when I'm whiny and complaining. Basically, there is a lot of love going on here. Happy anniversary, my sweetheart! I love you. PS In celebration, we left our girls for the first time and had our very own weekend getaway. We spent the night in a lovely Bed and Breakfast and actually slept in! We then shopped the next day away, which may seem like an odd activity of choice for an anniversary, but it was awesome to just go with Nick. Oh, the places we could go without a stroller! It was wonderful. Thank you much to Jeremy and Cynthia (and Madison and others, I'm sure...) for keeping our girls and taking such great care of them.

3 comments:
I love that picture! You two are a great couple. You are an example to me, like you have always been Wendy! 5 years, way to go!
Happy anniversary, you two! I remember your beautiful, snowy wedding day so well. Congratulations on 5 years of marriage, two beautiful daughters, and one well-oiled machine of a home and garden!
Happy Anniversary! So glad you had a fun getaway.
Post a Comment