Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday, Nick Dear

We celebrated Nick's birthday the other day, and thankfully, Grandpa Johnson was along to take photos. But first, let me write some words... Nick decided that he doesn't have near enough time to accomplish all of his fall goals (clean up the garden, build new shop doors, etc., etc.), what with full-time work, full-time Elder's Quorum President responsibilites, and mom taking off at least once a week (for YW, not for pedicures or anything) and leaving him home with the girls. So, he took his birthday off and we spent it working hard out in the yard. He fixed a chipper and we pulled out our garden, and chipped a good number of plants for mulch. We dug potatoes (wow! What a crop! Not only did we get a LOT of potatoes, but some are HUGE!) and mowed the lawn. It was a productive day, and we were both sore by the end of it. What a way to spend your birthday! We went out to eat at El Rancho Grande, one of our favorite Mexican restaurants with Nick's parents and then had birthday pie and ice cream back at the house with the rest of his family. And now, the photos...

Maren was not very happy to be in a photo, however, aren't my girls so cute in matching outfits? I love having two girls. Oh, and notice Maren is holding a book. This girl LOVES books and will look at them contentedly for a very long time. She loves it even more when mom or dad read them to her. And the delicious cherry pie. I offered to make Nick's birthday pie by saying something like this, "It will look pretty, but I don't guarantee how it will taste." So, he made his pie, again. He is the pieman, afterall. In defense of myself, I can make pie. Nick's just taste better. End of story.
And me and my honey. What a man I married! How blessed am I?
Oh, and can you see that baby bump? It's there, I promise!

1 comment:

Princess Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Nick! The pie does look delicious.