Monday, June 1, 2015

In Summer!

 First and last day of First Grade:


First and last day of Third Grade:


They wasted no time jumping into summer with friends, popsicles, water balloons, and even a slip n slide.  Summer, we have arrived.

Ellie has been telling me all weekend that she misses her teacher already.  It was a good year.

The baby girls are sharing a room now.  It's been a party.  Really.


Saturday (the first we've had all month without rain!) was a productive day in the house and yard.  We rewarded ourselves with hot dogs and s'mores.


 Everett, you better keep an eye on that marshmallow.  Don't look away.  Don't do it.  Oh, he's good.


I'm trying to do more organized fun things with my kids this summer.  I'm really excited about some of the activities we have planned.  This morning we made candy leis and then had to watch Lilo and Stitch (of course).  Maren went and changed into the most Hawaiian thing she owned (it's a flowery skirt if you can't tell).  I love that kid.  I don't know what Ellie's doing.  She looked at the picture later and asked, "was I yawning or something?"

One of my Saturday projects was painting our front door.  Whatcha think?

1 comment:

rabnerfamily said...

I love your front door! I also love your lei and Lilo and Stitch idea- I am totally going to steal it! Then I can look like a cool mom but really I am just copying a really cool mom! Your kids are adorable!