I love moments like these:
And, moments like these, too:
Everett and Lu getting a head start on their summer schoolbooks. I'm such a mean mom.
Now, brace yourself because you are about to see the cutest chickadee known to mankind:
Yep, that's a wipe on her head. Why ask why? Ignore the wipe and focus on that sweet smile and bright eyes.
Wow. Looking at that photo makes my heart swell so much it hurts. I adore that cheesy girl.
And, more funny one year old:
Never fear! Captain Diaperpants is here!
Our Memorial Day weekend was spent in St. George. I'm a sucker for a getaway, and thankfully, Nick goes with my whims. It was a celebration for Nick's acceptance to grad school, knowing that we are about to embark on something here that will likely be quite difficult for our family. Hopefully I'm wrong about that. ;)
Anyway, we left Friday afternoon because my daughter couldn't miss out on school. My daughter? Ok, so I can see myself doing the same. We are nice parents (sometimes) and waited for kids to get out of school before we drove off. We spent most of our time enjoying the facilities at Sports Village where we rented a condo. My kids loved playing basketball, mini golf, foosball, air hockey, and of course, the pool. There were other activities we didn't even get to try, so much to do! We also watched the new Cinderella movie (cute), ate out (go try Honolulu Grill, yum!), played at a really cool park, and went for a drive out to Gunlock Resevoir in the rain. It was a great time!
All spiffed up for church:
See the blanket Daisy has? She loves that thing. It was a blanket from when I was a babe, and has gone through it's share of kids. It has holes, the edging has worn away, but is oh so soft. I love it that she's picked that as her favorite.
We took a picnic to a park Sunday afternoon. It was such a fun park! It will definitely be on our St. George list of fun things to do. Cottonwood Cove. Put it on your list too.
This is one handsome kid:
Daisy getting mini golf tips from one of the best. :)
The pool!
This has got to be one of the best places to take a nap. I'm trying it next time.
I was there!
As always, it is so worth all the crazy moments to take our family on vacation. Ellie kept thanking us all the way home for taking them on a fun trip, so I know it was worth the time, money, and any hair I may have lost due to pulling it out.
Okay, on to the next item. THE END OF SCHOOL!! Hurray! Just two more days until we can hide the alarm clock until Fall!
This morning was the dance festival.
Our Newsie third grader:
And our first grader, ready to do The Twist:
So exciting. What a fun tradition.
Ah, Daddy is loved.






















1 comment:
Looks like a fun trip, makes me want to head to St. George myself. We have been to that park before, we loved it too.
Post a Comment