What a wonderful day it has been! I feel thoroughly spoiled.
This morning, my kids entertained me with 2 hand puppet plays (casting, directing, costume design and acting all done by them), then they read me a poem and sang a song that they had written with the help of Dad. I was very impressed.
In case you can't tell, they are holding letters that read "MOMMY" that went with their poem.
I also got spoiled with gifts. Handmade gifts from school, cards, some fun bath salts from Nick, and a Blendtec. Sheesh! He's setting the bar high for Father's Day! ;) Of course I also enjoyed a delicious breakfast complete with strawberries and cream. Isn't any meal complete with strawberries and cream?
After church, we spent the evening with the best Mother I know, my own, of course! She just had a knee replaced, but was a real trooper to smile and enjoy the company anyway. Seriously, every good quality I was born with or developed in my life, I feel it was my mother who nurtured it in me. I want to be like her.
Also, my family makes some of the best food I've tasted. We will never want for good food, that's for sure.
Mission for the day: get a photo with my kids.
Mission accomplished.
I'm giving Ellie another year or two to outgrow her 'ol mom.
And, another with the Daddy too:
Ellie's being a flamingo for some odd reason.
Boy, am I blessed or what? I am so grateful to have these wonderful people to be mine!




No comments:
Post a Comment