Sadly, blogging isn't as popular as it used to be. I loved reading up on the lives of my friends, it made me feel more connected with those I had little contact with. One by one I see my friends give it up. However, I'm still here, folks! There aren't many creative things that I feel I have time for, but this is one that I can actually do with little people running around the house, so I'll continue to do it until I lose interest in it. For now, it is a happy creative spot for me.
So, Daisy's sleep habits have been interrupted these days:
I took the littles to the gardens for one last hurrah! before our passes expired. BEAUTIFUL. Colorful flowers makes me happy.
Running and jumping down stairs makes this guy happy:
I just noticed that you can see Lu and Daisy behind him. Awesome.
I went with my cousin and her darling daughter, which just made a wonderful morning into a perfect one.
And then, we spent a spontaneous Saturday evening down at the farm:
My kids LOVE to go to the farm and go exploring through Grandpa's many treasures with their cousins. Honestly, it freaks me out a little because Grandpa's treasures are not really kid-friendly. In fact, Maren had something poke all the way through her flip-flop (not into her foot, thankfully). I just have to take a deep breath and let it happen, right? I survived, right? In fact, 12+ of us survived, right? :) Actually, it makes me really happy (despite my anxiety) to see my kids enjoying the farm as I did.
Daisy loved the trampoline:
She's electric!
We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows:
We watched the sun go down, the moon come up, listened to the peacocks squawking at each other and played with the fire. Except for the gnats, who I'm sure were trying to eat me alive, and my first two mosquito bites of the season, it was an absolutely perfect evening. I'm so looking forward to many more like it. Summer, here we come!
Only 18 more days of school. I don't know who's more excited, me or the kids.












2 comments:
I am so glad you are still blogging Wendy! I am not as consistent lately- mostly because I have not taken many pictures which is sad. My kids are growing up and changing too fast and I need to take pictures so I will remember. Your family is adorable!
I don't believe that is Daisy - she is way to big! Also, in your pictures it shows Nick helping Abigail roast a hot dog - thanks for including them, and taking care of them while I was gone. Makes me happy + grateful.
Post a Comment