Hey friends, I have good moments, and lots of bad moments as a mom, just like everyone else. I know blogs seem to highlight all the peaches and cream and leave all the worms out, ya know? The worms aren't near as appetizing as the peaches, though, so let's just cut them right out, as always.
Maren, my Maren. I think she is more fashion-conscious than I am (not too difficult, facts be told):
She's been searching for a jean jacket for months now, and we finally found one at a good price. Oh, and she had to have my scarf to complete the look.
The girls made aprons (ok, so most of the grunt work was done by mom, but they sewed it all together!):
This project was a little ambitious for a momma-of-not-much-patience, but it was a summer-do item that we crossed off the list. And, they turned out cute!
We made bread in a bag. This actually was more enjoyable than I had anticipated, we'll be doing this one again. We put the ingredients in a ziploc gallon bag and smoosh smoosh smooshed:
Then we kneaded and made loaves:
They were thrilled to have their own little loaf!
This is the recipe and directions I used (which turned out great), but really, you could use any bread recipe and mix it up in a bag!
We hiked the Grotto with cousins, I'll let the photos do the talkin':
Fun day!
A new addition to our home:
I have been thinking of ideas for displaying artwork for kids since I pretty much gave birth to them, and this is the culmination of years of thought. ;) It turned out really bright and happy! I love it! And, I also love my husband who I tell all my dreams to, and he runs out and buys wood, cuts it, and then spends a couple hours with a level and a drill hanging it for me. He basically enables all my crazy ideas. Thanks, Honey Bunny! (by the way, I don't usually call him all these sappy names in real life, just in case you thought we were a couple of cheese balls)
And, lastly, I have to show off this amazing quilt that lucky dude Everett received yesterday from Grandma:
Tilt your head a little and it helps. Sorry for the crazy angle there. Cool, huh? I am blessed to be a part of a VERY talented family.
You need a closer look, right?
He's so excited to sleep with his tractor blanket.



















1 comment:
Those aprons turned out way cute. Good job Ellie and Maren! And I love the art display. How did you paint the clip boards?
Post a Comment