It's Summer, which pretty much translates to "party all the time". In fact, it's after 10pm and the girls are still giggling in bed. It's a good thing I'm always up for a good party!
The first week of Summer has been pretty awesome. We gathered with family, I gathered with friends (for a wedding - hip hip hooray!), we enjoyed fireworks, movies, played with cousins, plus this stuff:
Every week, I take my kids to a different park in the area, and usually, we meet up with friends, which is just fun for everyone.
These guys look like trouble, don't you think?
One park down, 10 more to go. Only 10? That's depressing.
We are cooking around here this Summer. We attempted chocolate waffle iron cookies.
They were delicious, but too crumbly for the kids to remove them from the iron, for future reference.
Friday is our "let's leave the house and do something fun and different" day, otherwise known as Fun Friday. We went to BYU, and had a blast! It was a great morning spent with my little ducklings.
First, the MOA. They had an origami exhibit that was pretty amazing, and the kids enjoyed making their own (the girls are holding theirs in the above photo). We wandered through the bookstore, and then had lunch at the Cougareat (is it still called the Cougareat?) and of course, the best part about BYU, the ice cream.
That photo is ridiculous for many reasons, but I was there and I really, really enjoyed my Earnestly Chocolate. It reminded me of many a late night run to the Creamery during my BYU days.
Saturday morning, a parade (the only one I've ever been to when I actually wished I had brought a jacket):
I do my girls hair sometimes (this, obviously was not one of those times).
My Daisy babe is just getting so big, and more adorable by the day, I swear.
And this evening, we took the family for a little walk.
I'd say that's a decent family selfie.
Of course we have to go silly too.
And then the kids want to pose individually:
Aw, me and my main squeeze. :)
Some wisdom: you can bring your kids to water, but you sure can't keep them from getting in, or something like that. Oh well, party on, right?
Gorgeous views with soaking wet kids:
I sure love this place I call home, and I sure love that bunch that comes with me.

















No comments:
Post a Comment