This last week, we spent some time at "home". I know, it's not my home anymore. Wherever I am with those I love the most, my own hubby and offspring, that is my home, but still, whenever I return to the place of my childhood, I feel like I'm going "home." It was really nice. We went with a mission - my mom is recovering from surgery (again - she fell, twice, and had to have her leg put back together, my poor momma) and we were there to give her a helping hand. We had time to play a lot too, most of which looked like this:
That is a pool with a view. I swear, my heart belongs in the country.
We spent some good quality time with Grandma:
Daisy would give Grandma the play-doh with the instructions to make something (usually a cow). Grandma would do an amazing creation, hand it to Daisy, who would promptly smash it and give it back to Grandma with new instructions. Now that is a fun game.
Nick came down and joined us for a night too. I got to go for a run, which was like running in heaven, except I'm thinking in heaven you don't have to run with a rock in your hand because you are afraid of dogs chasing you.
Later in the week, we had a get-together with cousins (mine) which was so much fun! Thanks, Alicia, for putting it together! I had a blast. I haven't laughed hard enough to cry in a good long while.
Permission to beat up on each other:
Maren with a big dab of vaseline on her nose, waiting to attack those cotton balls.
Got one!
My dear cousin and I. Let's get together and laugh again. Very soon.
This little guy
must be getting bored lately, because he has sure climbed to a new level of entertainment. If you look close on the wall, you can see a tractor he drew there (he was in the process of scrubbing it off). It was a mighty fine tractor!
And, you can see he's in his Sunday finest. I have just a word to say about that. My idea of "hell" has got to be an eternal sacrament meeting trying to keep many naughty, disobedient children quiet and happy (What? My angels?). Sacrament meeting is the worst hour of the week, hands down. Although, taking my five kids to Walmart today is sure up there.
I love my kids, I really really do. :) And I love it when they do things that make me smile, like my morning workout today:
Love it.
And, more peas. The last of them, hurray! I've put my girls to work, and they are (mostly) pretty good helpers if I put on a movie and call it a "pea party".
And, more peas. The last of them, hurray! I've put my girls to work, and they are (mostly) pretty good helpers if I put on a movie and call it a "pea party".
Whatever works.










1 comment:
Oh what fun you have been having! Your kids are adorable! You look amazing! You are going to have to tell me what your secrets to healthy eating are.
Post a Comment