Friday, October 10, 2014

He's Back!

 We survived!

Kudos to all you moms out there who often have husbands traveling or who are doing this parenting business on your own.  You have my respect.

I'm so glad to have my honey back.  I missed him.  I need him.  I am so grateful that he is an integral part of the functioning of our home.  My kids are happy to have him back too.  He is a good balance to this ornery Mom.

I learned something this week, and it was like a revelation to me.  You ready?  I can keep my house tidy.  You heard me.  My house was decently put together all week long!  What, what?!  I guess I just had to flip that little switch in my head, knowing that I was the only one that would keep our home in order.  I also knew that my sanity was on the line here - a house in disarray would mean I would be that much closer to having a "I can't control anything in my life" breakdown, and I couldn't risk it. I cleaned as I went through the day because I knew at the end of it, I wanted to sit on the couch and veg instead of clean up after kids.  Can I hold myself responsible for this knowledge in the weeks to come?  I don't know, folks.  But, I'm dedicating to trying a little harder in this arena.

Also, running kids to and fro all on my own wears this girl out.  I think I deserve an ice cream, a hot bath, and one good long sleep.

Anyway.  Back to "normal" again, phew.

These photos are cute:


Last night Maren was so nice to share her chocolate with Daisy.  We got a good laugh when we went to get her out of the car:
I enjoyed those clean seats while it lasted!

No comments: