Monday, October 27, 2014

10 Years

 Yesterday was a special day for Nick and I.  We celebrated 10 years of marriage.  Ten wonderful years.  Before tying the knot, Nick and I would often discuss this great adventure we were about to embark on.  Our future children.  Our home together.  The joining of two individuals is always an adventure, no?  My, we've had good times.  We've been so happy, so blessed.

This has got to my my all-time favorite wedding photo:
If you know anything about my in-laws, you know that this is just normal.  :)

Saturday we left the kids with a babysitter and got out on the town.  We ate yummy Thai food and enjoyed a show at the theater.  It was a great evening.

Yesterday, Nick fixed a fancy roasted chicken dinner and we ate by candlelight on our china.  I'm kind of a sentimental type.  I look at that table full of kids and think back to when Nick and I were buying it some 10 years ago.  We set the table for two.  Look at us now:
Eating dinner with the children we only dreamed about 10 years ago.

No fancy dinner is complete without a fancy dessert, right?  Nick also made this super creamy, super delicious, super fancy-looking cheesecake with homegrown, homemade raspberry sauce:
 My man can cook.  Lucky gal I am.

I love this boy.  I love him more today than I did when I married him 10 years ago.  He is my rock when I need foundation.  He is my joke (that sounds bad...) when I need a laugh.  He is my sounding board when I need to cool off.  He is my beacon when I need more faith.  He is my voice of reason when I'm a little off line.  He is there for me in everything I am and do.  Thanks for being my cheerleader, my rock, my lover, my friend, my adventure-buddy.

 That photo is funny because we look slightly ridiculous, but also because Ellie totally snuck in there without Nick even realizing it.  He was surprised when he saw the photo a moment later.  

No comments: