Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to School

 I know, two posts in two days?  Wow, friends, I'm really on a roll now.

Ellie started Second Grade this morning.  Wow.  Second Grade.  I was reading through my journal last night about the day she was born.  Those years fly by (and yet, some days will never end?) and I don't think it's fair at all.

 And speaking of flying, this summer went by entirely too fast.  Being hugely pregnant for half of it, I feel like I wished it away.  I guess you sometimes get what you wish for.  I hate this time of year.  Sure, it's exciting, but I hate sending my kids off to school.  I enjoy spending every day with them.  I know they are learning good life skills at school, but I sure wish I could just keep my kids at home with me forever.  I'm selfish that way.  This is the time of year I always consider homeschooling.  Not seriously, but my mind wanders there, I'll admit.  It's a good thing my kids are excited to start a new school year, because otherwise, we'd all be in tears around here.

But, that's enough about me.  Ellie was all smiles this morning as she headed off to school.
Second Grade, here I come!

 It will be good, I know it.  Maren is excited to be starting kindergarten next week.

This one won't be starting school for several years (and I'm going to hold and snuggle her 'til then), but I had to drop this in here too:
I love it that her pacifier (or plug, as we call it around here), fills up half of that tiny baby face.

No comments: