Monday - Shepherd's Pie (I need to make this more often - my kids asked for seconds!)
Tuesday - Monster Burgers (this just means we pile a whole bunch of yummy stuff in there - fried egg, grilled onions, grilled pineapple, avocado, cheese, lettuce), tator tots, fresh pineapple
Wednesday - BBQ dinner with our friends at the park
Thursday - Peanut Butter Chicken (a recipe that sounded like it had promise, but unfortunately my family just didn't go for it), rice, green salad, fresh pineapple
Friday - Bean burritos or Nachos
Saturday - Toasted beef and swiss sandwiches with grilled onions and peppers, green salad
Sunday - I went to book group, so I missed out on this one, but Nick made a delicious chicken fried steak dinner with mashed potatoes, grilled butternut squash, peas, and rolls (and then ate it without me!! Can you believe it! We're having the leftovers tonight for dinner to make up for the injustice.)
Tips:
*My sister mentioned this in a previous post's comments, but I'll rehash it. We buy the uncooked tortillas at Costco, divide them up into family-sized portions (like, 11 instead of 44), put them in gallon sized Ziplocs and freeze them. Now, it says right on the bag that freezing them isn't the best choice for quality sake, but we've never been dissappointed. We love these so much more than the pre-cooked ones.
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment