Thursday, July 12, 2012

Around Here

The girls have been in swim lessons this week.  They love it, and I'm so proud of the progress they are making.  Ellie especially.  Last year she went to lessons kicking and screaming, so when I see her just bouncing in the water because she's that excited to be there, it makes me happy.
 These last few days we've all enjoyed spending time with my sister and her family too.  I took lousy photos, but we took the kids to a splash park and braved Target with all 6 littles (and the moms survived!), besides the normal hang around the house thing. 
 Lainey is giving Everett a big 'ol sloppy kiss.  She's a good kisser, that one.  I'll have to watch that a little more closely in the coming years. 
 My poor boy.  It kind of looks like we beat him, but truth be told, he's just 2.  He tripped at Grandpa's house, smacking his forehead on the way down on a metal bench, creating the big bruise (and you should've seen the huge goose egg that immediately sprouted!).  The scratches under his eye, I just have no idea.  Remember?  He's two.  And a boy.  It may have had something to do with his sisters.  I wouldn't put it past them.  Oh, and that hair.  It looks so handsome when he's freshly bathed, but golly, it makes such great bed-head.  So, it usually looks like this.

And, the big part of the reason I got on here was to post these: 
 Our Lainey Lou is 9 months old.  I really have a hard time wrapping my head around that one.  Probably partly because she doesn't really look it - she's tiny for her age, but really, where does time go?  I really need to know because I want it back.

 She's crawling now, which means I have to keep the floors picked up and vacuumed, because she also puts everything in her mouth.  I got a gold star the other day for changing her diaper.  Really, a gold star, right there in her diaper.  Truth be told, I'm terrible about keeping things off the floor, so I'm constantly fishing things out of her mouth, and those are the things that I catch before they go down the pipe.
 She is so much fun.  We love our NeeNee Mae (as Everett calls her).

1 comment:

Heather Wihongi said...

Wend, I love your blog! The voice in your writing is so witty and YOU, and your photos are phenomenal. I figured I better actually post something here since I really do read your blog often!