Today, I had a big list of 'to-dos'. Most of those items had been on my list all week long, and I kept putting them off. I wasn't lazy, mind you (although that is often the culprit, truth be told), I just had other things I wanted to do more. Like, sew a birthday banner, or research recipes online for the dinner I was making for a family with a new baby, or ignoring the dirty kitchen to take my kids to our local petting farm. Not bad things, just time-consuming things, and perhaps not always the best things (I don't regret the time spent with the kids, just so you know). So today, I was trying to play 'catch-up' and do the jobs I've been procrastinating all week long. I did a lot, but I still have a sticky floor, beans to be picked, laundry to fold and put away, counters to be wiped, lots of toys to be put away (constantly), and apparantly a dirty face to wash:
Snot and drool, this is real life, baby. Oh well, there's always tomorrow, right? And Nick loves me despite my messy habits, thank goodness.
Lainey Mae, otherwise known as "the Scavenger". Her favorite thing to do right now is crawl through the dining room and scavenge for whatever has been left behind. I love watching her tiny fingers delicately pick up the crumbs (or chunks, whatever) that might resemble food. I feed her, I do!
She had her nine month check-up yesterday and she is 15 lbs. 12 oz. (7%) and 26.25 inches (4.6%). She's a tiny thing. A busy thing. I think she dropped percentages (she was in the 10% range at her six month) because she just never stops moving.
And I cut this girl's hair this morning:
She looks so much older. She loves it, proving it by constantly flipping it with her hands.



No comments:
Post a Comment