Over the weekend, we spent some time at the Gardens. My kids love three things the most: feeding the fish, playing in the fountain, and rolling down grassy hills. Check, check, and check. We had a good time.
I'm thinking those fish hadn't been fed in quite some time. ;) We could pretty much drop the fish food right into their huge, waiting mouths. $1 well spent.
Feelin' just a little wet, here!
Maren and her silly faces.
Saucy, Ellie! I didn't meet to get such a photo, the wind just came up at the right moment. Isn't my girl beautiful, though?
Saturday morning was spent going at a parade with our good friends:
And Saturday afternoon we met with my sis-in-law and neice to see Brave, which we all loved.
Sunday evening, at book group, we discussed our chosen book, Glamour in Glass, with the author, Mary Robinette Kowal (she's the red head in the middle), a real treat. It helps to have a friend with connections for such things. Thanks Em, for hosting such a wonderful evening. And, I would highly recommend Mary's books. I enjoyed them very much. A little romance, some 'swashbuckling' (as Mary would say), and some glamour (or magic) all thrown into the Regency time period. Really, you'll like it too.
Ok, enough procrastinating laundry, sweeping, and a malodorous diaper. Go ahead, look it up. It means what you think it does. :)













1 comment:
Wendy, you look adorable! And I will add the book to my "books to read once I have taken my test list". My it is getting long.
Post a Comment