Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fun Stuff

This last week has been busy with the end of school, but very very fun.  Here's some of the highlights:

The kindergarten put on a music program.  We discovered just how tall Ellie is.  She towers above most of the kids her age.  It won't last, I'm sure.
 A cute photo of dirty feet:
 We went to the Air Show, and I was all excited to show Everett the airplanes (he points out ever airplane and helicopter he hears).  Well, to look up in the sky, and be right there amongst them are two different things, apparantly.  The boy did not appreciate the loud noise and was huddled in Nick's arms the entire time.  Poor kid.
 It was a good time all the same.


 It was NOISY!



No, that photo is the right way.  It is the planes that are upside down. 
 We went a few years ago on a nice sunny day, and the crowds were so thick, it was just crazy.  Traffic was crazy too.  Well, this year we drove up in pouring rain and there was talk of cancelling the show, but we continued on.  We arrived right as the rain stopped and a lot of the crowds had cleared out.  Perfect.  I hope it rains next time.

The two minutes Everett wasn't clinging on to Dad for dear life:
 We went with Grandpa and the cousins.  Ellie sure loves her Grandpa.

As a side note, you can't see them, but Everett's fingernails are painted a nice, pretty pink.  We were doing nails the other night and he absolutely insisted.  I've ignored his requests in the past, but this time around, he was requesting rather loud and obnoxiously, so I succumbed.  My boy looked so pretty.  Nick was so pleased.  ;)
The Thunderbirds.

The rest of our Memorial Day weekend was wonderful.  A nice, relaxing Sunday at home, and a barbecue at Nick's brother's on Monday.  But the very best part?  A spur of the moment picnic at the park with just our family.  We had hoagies in the shade, kids played on the equipment, and thenwe all threw a frisbee for a bit.  It was perfect weather, perfect company, not to mention I had avocado on my turkey sandwich.  It doesn't get much better than that, folks.

 I also painted Lainey's room (this one's for you Alicia!):
 It comes complete with an adorable Lainey:
 And lastly, this morning was the Elementary's dance festival.  We walked and the kids rode stuff.  The other day I was walking home from dropping off Ellie and a bus driver stopped and pointed at Maren on her balance bike and said, "That is the cutest thing I ever saw."  Yes indeed, mister.  It is very cute.  I shall take a photo next time I have an opportunity. 

 Ellie performed the chicken dance with her kindergarten friends.  One smashingly good-lookin' chick there with some stellar dance moves.  :)

Two more days and couting till summer break!  Wa-hoo!

1 comment:

Alicia Smith said...

Ooh, I really like how Lainey's room turned out. The two tones of green look really nice together - I approve :)