Rub a dub dub, three kids in the tub:
Nick gave me some lights for Christmas, so we had to try them out. This inspired a photo shoot of the kids, which honestly, reminds me that sometimes it's totally worth the money to have someone else take pictures of your kids.
Nick gave me some lights for Christmas, so we had to try them out. This inspired a photo shoot of the kids, which honestly, reminds me that sometimes it's totally worth the money to have someone else take pictures of your kids.I do have cute kids though, see for yourself:


Notice the bruise on Mr. E's forehead? Not sure what happened. It goes with the territory of being almost two.






Yesterday Ellie had school off, and Nick was halfway to work before he realized that he'd left his computer at home. So, he came back home and decided to take the day off. Hurray! We went to BYU's Bean Museum, had lunch at the mall and just enjoyed a pretty relaxing day together. We were thinking our weekend wasn't long enough, so this was good. Nick and Everett were twinners:


Notice the bruise on Mr. E's forehead? Not sure what happened. It goes with the territory of being almost two.





Yesterday Ellie had school off, and Nick was halfway to work before he realized that he'd left his computer at home. So, he came back home and decided to take the day off. Hurray! We went to BYU's Bean Museum, had lunch at the mall and just enjoyed a pretty relaxing day together. We were thinking our weekend wasn't long enough, so this was good. Nick and Everett were twinners:Being a mother of four small children, and a home manager, is no easy job. I was really feeling like I couldn't keep up with it all (and I can't). I did what I always do when I need to get things back in order, I called my mother. She gave me some great advice (and she would have some, she's raised 12 kids) and told me to "get organized". So, I did. I made the "Keep Mom Sane" list (Nick approved):
* Do a 10 minute pick-up before heading to bed. By the way, I really fought this one. Once kids are in bed, that's MY time, and I really didn't want to give it up, but this has made a big difference for the following day.
* Date night once a week. Even if it's just watching a movie together after putting kids to bed.
* Do things just for me. It's okay to spend some time reading a book, writing on the blog, or just snuggling a baby.
* Kid's head to bed at 7:30 and Nick does most of the going to bed prep.
* Exercise is a priority. It makes me happier, and healthier too.
* Kids feeling loved always takes priority over laundry or clean dishes.
* Kids feeling loved always takes priority over laundry or clean dishes.
* One room will stay clean in this house. I'm determined. No kids allowed in the front room.
* Take advantage of the crock pot. Plan meals in advance, and keep them simple.
I can say that this last week has been much better. Putting priorities back in place makes a big difference. Thanks mom, for your great advice.


2 comments:
That sounds like really good advice/wisdom. I am going to try harder at some of those things and see if I can not make them habit. Have a great week!
I like this. I'm going to write my own "keep Mom sane" list.
Post a Comment