Sunday, September 21, 2008

Quiet Sunday

It is Sunday afternoon and both kids are sleeping (Maren in her swing and Ellie crashed on the couch - that's a first) and Nick is out and about doing Elder's Quorum stuff, so I'm taking the opportunity to write a bit and post a few photos. This week has just been so busy, and I'm afraid it is only going to get worse as Nick has been accepted into the Master Gardener's program through the USU extension, which means he'll have class two evenings every week up into December. That, plus Elder's Quorum visits once a week means that I'll be a single mom for the next couple of months. Oh boy, sounds like fun.
Wednesday evening I hosted book group, which means I spent the entire day cleaning my house (and then trying to convince Ellie not to make a mess) and cooking up a storm. Hosting doesn't mean that I have to cook a giant meal, but I wanted to, and I enjoyed it. My mom always fed people - I think that is a way she shows her love - and I feel the same. I had a marvelous time with my girls. I personally think the best part of the evening (besides the conversation) was the yummy pavlova, and I'm not congratulating myself on a job well done (it was cracked and quite ugly). It was just so delicious with all the best fruits of the season. Nick and I will be doing that again soon.
Thursday evening we went to the temple as it was our stake's temple week. It was so so nice to be there and just feel peace. And many thanks to Cynthia for watching our kids.
Friday night we actually were all together as a family, even if we were just out for dinner and to buy Nick some work pants. Pretty exciting stuff.
And Saturday was another 'get things done day'. Oh, and we attempted to potty train Ellie. She wore underwear the entire day and made it to the potty once... after cleaning up around 10 accidents, she is back in diapers and we will try again another day. There is one positive spin on the experience - she will at least sit on the potty for more than two seconds. Oh, the fun!

Ellie playing with sidewalk chalk. Yes, some actually made it on the cement.

Maren grinning at herself in the mirror. She is such a happy, smiley girl.

The girls in the tub.

2 comments:

Birgitta said...

What is the master gardeners program? I'm interested! So tell me what you are doing with your fruit..are you canning, making jam? I wish I had the talent! YUM

p.s. your girls are precious!

Wendy said...

It's a class and practical experiences that USU does through their extension service. Nick is excited about it. We have put up a lot of salsa this year, and froze our peas and corn, but not much else. Next year will be better for 'putting up'. And yes, it is delicious.