Hello, friends. It's been awhile. I would've updated last week, but we were enjoying our Thanksgiving break. It was REALLY hard to get up to an alarm this morning. But, let's rewind. Before Thanksgiving break, we had snow. This may be the cutest little snow bunny ever known to mankind:
Yep. Cuuuuute.
We believe in Christmas around here. And, that feel-good Christmas season doesn't last near long enough, so we set up the tree a week before Thanksgiving. We are rebels. The kids made their own tree (completely their idea, I was told to grab the camera):
I love that Christmas tree from top to bottom, crazy hair, messy faces and all.
That Christmas tree is pretty good too. It makes me happy.
Then there was a day that we played at the park for a bit:
And then, the Fall activity we all look forward to: the kids and I went and raked and then played in, leaves. Yep, pretty much in our pajamas. We love our comfy clothes around here.
And THEN, it was Thanksgiving. Can I give a hip hip hurray for my awesome family? I just love being with them. I feel completely at home, being my corky (corky: cute and dorky) little self. We enjoyed family I haven't seen in a long while, family I see often, a brisk walk around the block (2 mile block, mind you), some games, and food of course, always lots of good food. Nick got to check "afternoon nap" off of his to-do list. Perfect day.
Having a big sis around is pretty great stuff. Ellie got Daisy dressed and did her hair and everything. She takes good care of baby girl.
And then, it snowed again. There was a flurry of winter clothes and hot chocolate.
Suckers and sledding, not the perfect combo, but she's cute!
I love it when there is a reason to go OUTSIDE to play. My house is a disaster zone.
We were invited to join my brother's family in Bethlehem. It was a great way to start the Christmas season right. At the beginning, they bring you into a market with lots of different time period activities going on. Mary and Joseph came in and were walking among us. I walked past them and Mary asked if I knew of somewhere they could stay. "Yes! Come stay at our home!" The baby Jesus wouldn't be born in a stable on my watch. ;) A bit later, they moved us into another big room where they told the story of Christ's birth. Christmas (the true, real meaning of Christmas) makes me cry, that is all there is to it. I felt like I was there adoring the baby Jesus along with the shepherds, angels, and wise men. And you know what? Perhaps I was.
Oh come, let us adore Him.
I love this time of year.















No comments:
Post a Comment