Our weekend looked about like this:
Poor Daisy baby had croup. Mom and Dad had little sleep. Having a sick baby makes me sad, but snuggling that sick baby surely does not.
Pink cheeks on our feverish, sleepy babe.
She's much better now, see:
Our cool dude. Seriously, he's awesome. He gets SO excited about lots of stuff. Like when Nick was putting up our Christmas lights. He kept asking and asking Nick to do it, and when he did, he had to watch him do the whole thing and ran to turn on the switch. Nick told him he could put them up when he is a teenager. "I can't WAIT until I'm thirteen!" he says. He was super excited to go Christmas shopping with dad and knew just what to get for his family. He is a really good artist and gets so excited over his creations and now writing too. He'll see something he wants to draw a picture of and will right then run over and grab pencil and paper. He just can't wait to get it out of his head. Goodness, he's a cool kid and we sure love having him around. I'm so grateful we have a boy in the house.
These days I hear a pretty constant "thud thud" on the walls as Maren practices standing on her hands. Oh, and the couch cushions are usually all over the house:
And, lastly, I'm so excited about this project:
I bought those embroidery squares about 9 years ago. I figured I'd better get on it and turn them into a quilt before my girls are ages that they don't appreciate Sunbonnet Sue. I pieced it, my amazingly talented sister quilted it and now I'm working on binding it. Shhh, don't tell Daisy. It will be one of her Christmas surprises.







1 comment:
I'm pretty sure you're never too old to appreciate sunbonnet sue :) Love the quilt!
Post a Comment