Wednesday, December 23, 2015

One More Before Christmas

 Oh boy!  Christmas Eve is tomorrow!  We're excited!  Nick is on his way home and I can't wait to have him all to myself.  Well, ok, I have to share him with little people, but no work and no school for a week and a half!  :)  That is the best Christmas present.

This last week has been snowy: 
 So far, we aren't complaining.  Let it snow!  Come mid-January, I'm pretty sure I'll be singing a different tune.

This little darling decided she was tired and went and put herself down for a nap.  Mom loves that.

And now, Christmas goodness.  My mom hosted her 50-somethingish annual Christmas party.  My kids LOVE to participate in the nativity.  Maren begs for Mary and Ellie begs for angel.  Taking good care of Baby Jesus:

 Lainey with her most favorite person in the whole world.  They are pretty much attached at the hip when family gets together.

Luke 2:19  "Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart." 

Everett is a shepherd in the middle (I was shocked he wanted to participate) and Daisy was a shepherd as well, but escaped after about 1.3 minutes.

And then, our ward Christmas party with Santa:


 The little girls didn't want to sit on Santa's lap, and I certainly won't force them.  I don't blame them for wanting nothing to do with a stranger with a big, fake beard that wants me to come sit on his lap.

My baby girls, all spiffed up and Christmas-y looking for Sunday:

Last night we did Temple Square with my parents and sister's family.

Mandatory stop at the Macy's window display:


We can't take a "normal" photo without also taking a "silly" photo.  Whatever it takes.

My people:
 Nice Ellie, nice.

Looking at that photo reminds me of what my mom told me when we first met up.  She was watching our family from afar, but only saw a dad with a bunch of kids.  Then she realized that it was us.  Great.  I blend in with the kids.  Oh well, I really do hope they all outgrow me.

My cute mom and dad with 8 of their 43 grandchildren:
Plus an extra.  :)  Daisy was being a stink, so Dad stepped in.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: