All that thinking fried my brain. Seriously, this blog has been the last thing on my mind for the last week or so. Why? Because I just got called to be Primary President in my ward (this new thinking has replaced the old thinking of my previous post). I know it'll settle down, but for now, my head is reeling with all that needs to be attended to. Actually, I know this may sound weird, but I'm grateful for the challenge. Bring it on. It'll be a good time.
Normal life has been going on too. You know, kids not doing homework and being asked a billion times to do something. Running kids to and fro (Ellie just finished a really fun sewing class, now I just need to teach her how to use my machine and set her loose!). Soaking up family time on the weekends. Oh, and now that cold weather has set in, lots of kids chasing each other around the house, jumping on couches and lots of yelling and teasing and whining. Ya know, normal life.
Nick and I did take advantage of the kindness of my brother and his wife (thank you, thank you!), left our kids and went on a little overnight trip to Park City for a late anniversary getaway. It was perfect! Lots of yummy food, relaxing in the hot tub and steam room, sleeping in and watching tv in bed, then shopping without kids. I had great pity for all those suckers who were dragging their tired, ornery kids around the outlets. Of course, by the afternoon, Nick was dragging tired, ornery me around. I'm not a very good shopper. However, I do love time with my Honey.
We ate at the Grub Steakhouse, and it was so good. We'd consider just taking a day trip to visit again. A terrible phone shot:
Our prime rib:
Yum. We had to be rolled out the door.
And, this is what happens when your kid sits in the shower and plugs the drain:
You can't see it well, but that is mold along the baseboard. This happened twice before we figured out what was going on. "Mom, it got REALLY high!" We need new carpet, but we'll be waiting a little longer until kids are old enough to get puke and poop in the toilet 99% of the time. And stop making a water mess in the bathrooms, apparently. We may be waiting for awhile. For now, my extremely handy husband cleaned it up and stretched the carpet back out.
This was a fun project for FHE:
It isn't my best crafting, but I sure love my turkeys! Those hands won't be tiny for long!





1 comment:
You will be the most amazing Primary president! I absolutely love your turkey sign! Those hands do not stay little long enough!
Post a Comment