Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hoopla

 I love moments like these:

I took my newly-turned four year old to get some photos.  They turned out pretty nice if you ask me!  It does help to have an adorable subject:



 Love that girl!

You all know that Nick and I celebrated our anniversary.  We partied all weekend long, starting with a date to the theater.  We had a "fancy" dinner with the kids on our actual anniversary.  We were smart this year and ordered take out from a favorite restaurant for Nick and I, while the kids were pleased as punch to have ramen noodles with a little bubbly.  Win, win!  Notice that most of the kids are dressed up:

We got "dressed up" too:
 A crown, jewelry and high heels for me.  Tie and church shoes for Nick.  Silly somethings that make it special.  I should wear high heels more often.  You tall girls have no idea how good you have it.  :)

We also have made a fun tradition of watching our wedding videos (thank you, thank you, Jeremy and Cynthia!) on our anniversary with the kids.  It's always lots of fun and is a reminder of just how fast time flies.

We don't really do anniversary gifts, but we do try to spoil each other a bit.  This was a nice surprise from my thoughtful man:

Unrelated from anniversary hoopla; for FHE, we made our traditional orange popcorn balls, an October family favorite:
 Ya know, just to get the sugar juices flowing in preparation for Halloween.  :)

No comments: