Wednesday, August 26, 2015

There Goes Another One

 This handsome boy just completed his first day of Kindergarten:

He was SO excited.  He got up at 6 and was ready (with teeth brushed and everything!) by about 6:30.  When it was (finally!) time to drop him off, he wanted me out of there!  He was ready, and although I thought about it, I didn't shed a tear.  Our principal was cute, though.  She was handing out tissues and kisses (the chocolate kind) to parents as they dropped off their babies.  He had a great time and is looking forward to tomorrow.

And you know that kid who is sitting in the office waiting for mom because she's late?  Yep, that was MY kid today!  On his first ever real day of school!  Talk about a serious mommy fail.  I felt so bad (like, terribly bad) when I realized that I thought I was leaving in plenty of time, but in actuality, I was 15 minutes late.  Thankfully, kids are forgiving, and he doesn't seem to have any permanent scars.  A lunch trip to McDonalds solidified my apologies.  Seriously.  Where is my brain?

No comments: