Thursday, August 20, 2015

School

Yesterday was the first day of school around these parts.  My girlies, ready for a new school year:
Maren, 2nd Grade.  Ellie, 4th Grade.

They came home all excited, having had a fun day with old friends and new teachers.

I hate sending kids back to school.  I really do.  I know the routine is nice and all, but I love having my crazy kids at home.  Even if it makes more work for mom.  I also know that they are where they belong.  Dang it.  I just can't believe how grown up my kids are getting.  I was thinking last night about when I was a teacher 10 years ago, before kids and all.  My students are all now graduated from high school and out in the real world.  Holy Macaroni.  That will be MY kids in a short 10 years.  Slow down, please, please SLOW DOWN!!!  Ok.  Deep breath.  

I need to go snuggle my baby.

No comments: