This photo was not taken at Maren's party, but she sure makes that corn on the cob look delicious! (And, it was, homegrown corn tastes at least 5x better than the stands)
For Maren's birthday request she wanted the family to go to the castle park. Check.
And then to Chuck A Rama. Check.
This plate may look healthy, but don't let it fool you. She helped herself to about three bowls of ice cream, cookies, slush, etc. etc. That place is stressful to me, as I sit and watch my kids consume so much sugar, until they feel sick.
On her actual birthday, Maren woke up to a delicious #7:
And then, we partied the day away. Birthdays are fun and all, but sheesh, a lot of pressure on Mom! I kind of felt like she was holding it over our heads all day long, and if we made a wrong move, it was the "worst birthday ever!" Ok, so maybe that is just our little drama queen. She went to bed happy, anyway, which made me happy.
The girls really did an awesome job decorating with streamers and balloons. Too bad they got pulled down in one horrendous fit of rage. I won't tell you who, it could actually be a number of people in this house depending on the situation. That person was fed and then they were much easier to live with. That shouldn't narrow it down any. Golly we have problems. :) Just keeping it real.
Jack-o-lantern face (just much cuter):
We were surprised with a visit from G&G! The birthday song, round I:
And then again later that evening with Nick's clan:
Maren is fun to watch open presents.
Happy Birthday, girl! I'm so glad you had a fun day.












No comments:
Post a Comment