Whatever sound you can attribute to a Monster Truck, that's how our summer went out. Last Friday, we headed to the fairgrounds to see the Monster Truck show. I had never been before, and I was especially excited to take Everett. It was a great time!
Everett looked about like that throughout the entire show. I had hoped to see his excitement, but he was expressionless. His eyes never left the arena, though, and now he talks about it all the time. I'm pretty sure he loved it.
Most of us loved it, actually. Lu was indifferent.
Daisy HATED it. The really loud noises scared her, and she spent the evening like this:
My hand looks kind of disembodied there. Freaky. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Daisy was thinking, "this isn't really happening if I can't see it." Poor babe. There is even a tear in her eyelashes.
It was a fun night, and I'll take any excuse for a tight snuggle.
Our weekend was filled with family. First, my neice went through the temple for the first time in preparation for serving a mission in a couple months. I was asked to take some photos. This one is my favorite:
What a beautiful way to spend a Saturday morning.
Sunday was also a special day as we went to my nephew's mission farewell. He gave such a soul-touching talk. I am so proud of these kids (adults?)! They are making good choices that will bless their lives for good, forever. It has been such a privilege to watch these kids grow. Being an aunt is a pretty cool gig.
I took this beautiful girl's seven year old photos:
That one big tooth makes for some goofy smiles, but I sure love it!
Happy Back to School this week! Usually I'm feeling mostly sad about the loss of my non-schedule of summer filled with constant fun, but this morning, as the kids run around the house destroying everything in their wake, screaming and smacking each other with rolled up Friend magazines (all in the name of "sword fighting"), I'm thinking School will be a really good thing. :)













No comments:
Post a Comment