Hey folks. We're getting back into the swing of things around here. I'm getting used to schedules and routines, and so are the kids.
You ready for some randomness? Here we go.
Getting out of bed on a lazy Saturday morning is a much more pleasant experience when you have a couple of happy, giggly girls to cheer you along:
Fruit! We have fruit! Our peach tree surprised us this year and gave us about a bushel and a half of beautiful peaches:
We've also had loads of raspberries, blackberries, corn, watermelons (huge and sweet!), cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, summer squash, onions, cantaloupe, yum, yum, yum! It's a hard decision as to what to eat because there are so many delicious options to choose from, all from our garden! We love harvest time.
We've been busy with a little home project. I really want to do some decorating in my home, to make it more "mine". We decided to start with the main bathroom (ya know, because it's the smallest room in the house, not so overwhelming, right?).
Here are some before and after photos. Tell me what you think.
Before (the lighting is terrible, by the way, sorry):
And after:
Cabinets and walls were painted, the light fixture was painted, frames painted and hung, shelves installed. Phew!
Here's another before shot (with awful lighting):
And after:
I'm not done, yet. I may never be done as I add and take away from those shelves, and I want to make the space under the vanity more useful by adding a shelf and baskets (and when I say "I", I really mean "Nick"), but I really love how it turned out! When I was first painting that blue, I was really worried it would end up looking like a circus, but it has grown on me until I think it's a happy little spot in there. Now, on to the next project. Or not. I think I may take a break from home improvement. ;)
With the big kids in school, these two keep themselves pretty entertained, having the house all to themselves:
I'm so glad my kids are friends, mostly.
And speaking of back to school, Nick is too, which makes him very busy and me a single mom. At least I get him on the weekends. I certainly see that this is right for our family, and will hopefully open additional opportunities for us, but that also doesn't make it any easier. Nothing worth working for is easy, and I knew it wouldn't be. So, we'll make the most of it and keep fighting upwards.
And speaking of weekends (see, it's not so random, right?), the last one was awesome. Nick, his brother, and I went floating the Provo River, which we haven't done since Ellie was a baby. SO MUCH FUN!!! We really had a blast and was reminded why we loved that so much in our single days. We should've taken a photo of the tube I used. It was ridiculously small and I felt like a bobble-head in the water, with my top being the heavy part. Let's just say I spent quite a bit of time in the water, more than any other trip down the river. I was glad to have two boys to hang on to! And of course, no trip down the river is complete without a burger and fries to top it off. It may have been one of my favorite parts of Summer 2015. What fun!








1 comment:
I love your bathroom! I had not considered painting our light fixtures. That is brilliant and so much cheaper than new ones! You inspire me!
Post a Comment