Computer problems have been solved with a brand new laptop. I feel spoiled. So now, I have a few photos to share. First, my lady:
She has in her hand a "bibbity bobbity doo doo doo". You know, like the Bibbidi bobbidi boo song from Cinderella? Cracks me up every time she says it, and I can't recall why she calls it that in the first place. Two year olds are awesome.
Nick makes fabulous ice cream:
That would be raspberry, vanilla, and chocolate oreo right there. Feeling jealous? It's a natural emotion. I would expect it in this case. Lucky for you, we do share.
Lainey wrote her name:
Lookin' good there, Lu!
We got some rain last week, and the kids loved playing in it:
More Daisy in Mom's shoes:
And, last Saturday we headed up the canyon to enjoy some Fall colors, and each other:
I love my man, yes I do.
And then we went to Chalk the Block. I'm always amazed at what I see there. And bonus, free cotton candy!
Golly Lu, you have to be the very definition of "sweet". Look at that sugar coated face!
Good times!
And now, some deep thoughts by Wendy. Just warning you. :) In this last month or so I've had some motivation problems, particularly when it came to my health. Why am I getting up so flippin' early in the morning to workout when I haven't lost a pound since last year (in fact, I've gained a few)? And why do I have absolutely no self control when it comes to the things I put in my mouth? And then I feel rotten and beat myself up about it all day? At what point can I just sleep in and eat what I want? AND feel good about it? I was pondering these thoughts when a still small voice told me "You do it because it makes you happy." Truth! When I am moving my body and eating right, I DO feel happy! It is when I'm not living well that I feel miserable. So, at that moment, I adopted a new motto: Choose Happiness. I think it every time I go for that second helping of anything, knowing full well that if I overdo it, I'm going to feel miserable. I think it when my alarm goes off in the wee hours of the morning, knowing that if I choose to turn off my alarm and turn over in bed, I will regret it. I would rather go without extra sleep and that big ice cream cone and be happy at the end of the day.
This goes beyond health, and into my role as wife and mother, and into all things temporal and spiritual. I love the scripture in 2 Ne 5:27 that says "we lived after the manner of happiness." I've thought about that a whole lot these past few weeks. What is the "manner of happiness?" The Nephites had just built a temple, and were being industrious. They were living the way the Lord would have them live. They kept "the commandments of the Lord in all things" (v. 10). When we are living purposefully, we will be happy. When we keep our covenants, we will be happy. When we take care of our bodies and our well-being, we will be happy. When we use our time wisely, we will be happy. When we follow the promptings of the Spirit, we will be happy. When we love and care for others, we will be happy. When we live in order, we will be happy. These are promises and blessings from a loving Heavenly Father who WANTS us to be happy. It's really changed my outlook on life and the way I look at things. So today, I choose happiness.
This goes beyond health, and into my role as wife and mother, and into all things temporal and spiritual. I love the scripture in 2 Ne 5:27 that says "we lived after the manner of happiness." I've thought about that a whole lot these past few weeks. What is the "manner of happiness?" The Nephites had just built a temple, and were being industrious. They were living the way the Lord would have them live. They kept "the commandments of the Lord in all things" (v. 10). When we are living purposefully, we will be happy. When we keep our covenants, we will be happy. When we take care of our bodies and our well-being, we will be happy. When we use our time wisely, we will be happy. When we follow the promptings of the Spirit, we will be happy. When we love and care for others, we will be happy. When we live in order, we will be happy. These are promises and blessings from a loving Heavenly Father who WANTS us to be happy. It's really changed my outlook on life and the way I look at things. So today, I choose happiness.




















2 comments:
Ooh, I like that scripture. It's one i had never contemplated before. Thanks for the insights!
Oooo, look at you, you were ponderizing before it was a thing. ;) You are an inspiration! I feel like I could name the pounds I gained over the summer for each of the states I visited and possibly have to use a few names of cities in Utah to cover them all. I have been trying harder and living by your philosophy of eat less, move more. It has been working but painfully slow and I am getting to that really hard point when the goal is in sight but each pound is like a marathon of its own. Thank you for the inspiration because, yes, I do want happiness.
Post a Comment